Communicating with your child in a way that gets everyone’s needs met is a real challenge.
Communication is such an important part of all our lives but is especially crucial for connecting with your child living with autism and helping them relate with others.
Our team of Speech Pathologists work extensively with children living with autism and understand the impact it has on them and their families.
Let us help your child learn to overcome their communication challenges and connect with you the way every parent desires.
Our Speech Pathologists are all fully registered with Speech Pathology Australia, as well as the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Association (AHPRA).
They meet the highest standards of their profession and continue to educate themselves on the latest research and most effective methods for helping your child.
Our Speech Pathologists are also registered providers of Medicare Enhanced Primary Care Plans, Better Start, and the National Disability Insurance Scheme, which means that with a referral from your General Practitioner, rebates are available for most of the services our Speech Pathologists provide.
From assessments of your child’s strengths and challenges to therapies that help them develop their abilities, our Speech Pathologists can help your child improve their communication skills.
Our Speech Pathology assessments include both informal and standardised testing, as well as observation and consultation with children, their families, and their support networks to ensure we get a full and accurate picture of your child’s strengths and challenges.
After every assessment, we provide you with a written report and follow-up consultation to discuss possible outcomes and therapies for your child.
Our Speech Pathologists can assess your child for:
- Speech delays including articulation and phonology.
- Language delays.
Once we’ve determined where your child has room for improvement, our Speech Pathologists can help and support them through a variety of therapies.
They can conduct 30 or 60-minute therapy sessions to help your child learn to:
- Articulate words well.
- Communicate both verbally and nonverbally.
- Comprehend verbal and nonverbal communication to understand others’ intentions in a range of settings.
- Initiate communication without prompting from others.
- Know the appropriate time and place to communicate something; for example, when to say “good morning.”
- Develop conversational skills.
- Communicate in ways to develop relationships.
- Enjoy communicating, playing, and interacting with peers.
And like all our therapy services, our Speech Pathologists use our Therapy Plus program to help your child work through their language and literacy challenges before, during, and after their sessions.
Our Therapy Plus program includes:
- Personalised session plans and goals tailored to your child.
- Support between sessions in the completion of at-home success tasks and activities.
- Access to a diverse team of specialists to ensure they get all the support they need.
- School visits to help your child succeed in all aspects of their life.
Don’t wait to get your child the help they need to connect with you and everyone around them.