The emotional and social challenges that come with autism can be some of the most overwhelming.
Anger, depression, anxiety, and failure in forming friendships – things we all struggle with in life – are made more difficult by autism.
Our team of Psychologists work extensively with children living with autism and understand the impact it has on them and their families.
Let us help your child learn to recognise, regulate and overcome their emotional challenges to build the skills they need for deep and meaningful relationships.
Our Psychologists are all fully registered with the Australian Psychological Society as well as the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Association (AHPRA).
They meet the highest standards of their profession and continue to educate themselves on the latest research and most effective methods for helping your child.
Our Psychologists are also registered providers of Medicare Enhanced Primary Care Plans, Better Start, and the National Disability Insurance Scheme, which means that with a referral from your General Practitioner, rebates are available for most of the services our Psychologists provide.
From assessments of your child’s strengths and challenges to therapies that help them develop their abilities, our Psychologists can help your child improve all the skills they need for an emotionally fulfilling life.
Our Psychological assessments include both informal and standardised testing, as well as observation and consultation with children, their families, and their support networks to ensure we get a full and accurate picture of your child’s strengths and challenges.
After every assessment, we provide you with a written report and follow-up consultation to discuss possible outcomes and therapies for your child.
Our Psychologists can assess your child for:
- Giftedness and intellectual impairment.
- Learning difficulties.
- Social skill level.
- Emotional skill level.
- Anger management difficulties.
Once we’ve determined where your child has room for improvement, our Psychologists can help and support them through a variety of therapies.
They can conduct 30 or 60-minute therapy sessions to help your child learn to:
- Reduce their aggressive and self-harming behaviours.
- Regulate their emotional anxiety.
- Foster reciprocal social interaction.
- Improve their social skills with peers.
- Identify and cope with environmental triggers.
- Develop independence through adaptive skills.
- Reduce ritualistic, repetitive behaviours.
And like all our therapy services, our Psychologists use our Therapy Plus program to help your child work through their emotional and social challenges before, during, and after their sessions.
Our Therapy Plus program includes:
- Personalised session plans and goals tailored to your child.
- Support between sessions in the completion of at-home success tasks and activities.
- Access to a diverse team of specialists to ensure they get all the support they need.
- School visits to help your child succeed in all aspects of their life.
Don’t wait to get your child the help they need for a peaceful and happy emotional life.