If your child is under six, you are entitled to register for the government funding (Helping Children with Autism, or HCWA) through the Autism Advisor program. They will also advise you about Early Intervention services in your area. Call 1300 978 611 to arrange an appointment, in order to access funding.
Rebates are also available through Medicare items for assessment and treatment for children with ASD, to be written before the child’s 13th birthday by their Paedeatrician.
Early Intervention can greatly improve the quality of life for children with autism spectrum disorder.
If your child is older than six, you will be able to access funding through Medicare Better Access Scheme for private programs. You will need a referral from your GP or Paediatrician to access the medicare rebates for this.
Real Disability Care is a provider of the Helping Children with Autism Package Better Start (for children with a Disability) as well as a Medicare provider.
- Real Autism Care today to book a free 15 minute consultation with one of our experienced clinicians where we can answer your questions about us and Autism, find out if we are right for you and your family!
- Contact Us
Cancellation and Late Arrivals Policy
Late arrivals may not receive an extension of their scheduled appointment and will be charged in accordance with their scheduled appointment. This time has been allocated to you. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and will only occur with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. If your therapist is running late, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will receive your full scheduled appointment allocation.
Cancellation and Failure to Attend:
When you make an appointment to see a therapist we reserve the whole hour entirely for you. Because of this, we require 48 hours’ notice for cancellation of an appointment. Please respect the 48 hour notice period because it allows sufficient time to offer the appointment to someone else who may be waiting for an appointment.
- You are able to book recurring therapy appointments for a school term, that is approximately 8-10 weeks ahead. You can also choose not to do this and book appointments from session to session – please be aware that we may not be able to give you your preferred time for bookings made this way. We will endeavour to give you a time that is convenient for you but cannot guarantee these – especially for afternoon/ after hour appointments and early mornings.
- If you choose to book recurring appointments once these are booked in and approved by yourself there is a $30 cancellation fee for any appointment.
If you book your appointments from session to session we ask that if you need to cancel an appointment, it is done at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. Real Autism Care enforces the following cancellation policy:
- More than 48 hours’ notice given, no fee will be charged, thank you for giving considerable notice.
- Between 48 and 24 hours’ notice given a $30 fee is charged.
- Failure to attend a scheduled appointment without notice given, there is a $50 fee.
Please note that HCWA, NDIS, Medicare and Better Start funding cannot be used to pay for a cancellation fee.
It will be necessary to clear all fees owing prior to receiving further treatment at our practice.
You can download a copy of our Cancellation Policy cancellation-policy
Remembering your Appointment
All appointments with all practitioners are to be written on a card. It is the patient’s responsibility to keep their appointment card safe, and arrive at the time stated on the card.