Behaviour Support plans can be lengthy, jargonistic and difficult to implement. This workshops ensures that participants leave knowing this does not have to be the way. With the introduction of NDIS and the certainty that support services to people with a disability MUST be person centred and individualised. This workshop outlines how Behaviour Support can be both these things. Participants are given the tools to opportunity to develop practical support guidelines for clients they work with and to review current behaviour support plans for a client and identify key elements for implementation.
In the workshop you will learn:
- What are the key components of a practical behaviour support plan.
- How to develop practical support guidelines for managing challenging behaviours.
- How to make behaviour support guidelines person centred.
- How to make sure you tell the person story in behaviour support guidelines.
- How to ensure those who support the person with challenging behaviours understand the person and why the behave the way they do.
- Summarise current support plans for clients to assist with consistent implementation.
Who is this course for:
Direct support staff/ Team Leaders and Managers in the Community Sector.