Support workers and coordinators are required to know how to respond in a crisis, not only to ensure their own safety but often the safety of others. Responding in a crisis requires a clear understanding of your responsibilities, the ability to assess and manage risk, the ability manage safety and respond quickly and the need to manage your own stress response. And all this often within a few seconds!!!!This course covers the responsibilities of workers in the event of a crisis and provides them with a framework to make these quick decisions.
In the workshop you will learn:
- How to define a crisis and what is considered to be a crisis and situation.
- Understand the laws and responsibilities of workers in relation to responding and managing in a crisis situation.
- Understand risk management and how to reduce risk in a crisis.
- Manage stress related to crisis.
- Identify common behaviours displayed by clients in a crisis and how to respond to these.
Who is this course for:
Direct support staff/ Team Leaders and Managers in the Community Sector.