- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Environment Modifications in the Home- Level 2 Complex
- Motor Accidents Association Certified
- Comcare Certified
Carmel has worked extensively with children living with autism, sensory processing difficulties, and school readiness issues.
Her role as an Occupational Therapist involves the prescription of equipment and home modifications, the provision of sensory diets and manual handling, as well as the conducting of assessments and interventions for fine and gross motor, living, developmental, and sensory skills.
Carmel’s passion for Occupational Therapy was born from seeing the transformation it brought her sister as a child and grew with her desire to help families thrive as she got older.
She works with clients and their families by providing holistic, goal-oriented, and individualised therapy that enables them to reach their full potential.
Carmel can assist children and their families by:
- Conducting developmental assessments.
- Conducting diagnostic assessments for autism and other developmental issues.
- Developing individualised therapy programs to assist with behavioural issues, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, school readiness, sensory processing and social skill development.
Carmel’s interventions can help children through:
- Play Skills
- Sensory Integration
- Handwriting Exercises
- Self-Help Skills
- Eating Programs
- Sleep Programs
- Daily Living Programs
- Registered Occupational Therapist with AHPRA
- Member of Occupational Therapy Australia